Friday 14 September 2012

Montel Williams Interview on Larry King

Montel Tells


When I first became ill, I scoured the internet for information on MS. Of course, this included YouTube, and there are probably hundreds of videos there concerning MS. Some are informational, some are testimonials and some are interviews or excerpts from programmes. Some are depressing and misleading, some are interesting and informative, and some are absolutely inspirational.

One of my favourites is the interview on Larry King Live of Montel Williams. I hadn't heard of him before I saw the interview, but he is an American talk show host who himself has been diagnosed with MS. As I watched it, it was wonderful not only because here was a man describing very, very similar symptoms to my own, but he was able to express things about MS that I felt, but had never been able to adequately verbalise.

An example of this is the injection I take every other day. I hate taking my injection. I hate it! Why? It doesn't hurt particularly. It's take less than five minutes, and I don't really suffer side effects from the betaferon like I did in the beginning. So why do I hate taking it? Montel Williams explains it beautifully, and very quickly I started directing people to these videos if they really wanted a clear, articulate expression of what MS is like and, because my illness felt so similar to his, a little of what my experience is like.

Videos are in sequence from top to bottom. I hope you enjoy : o )





2 comments:

  1. Goοԁ day I am so hаppу I
    founԁ your blog ρаgе, I really
    found yοu by error, whilе I was lоoκіng оn Aol foг somеthing
    еlsе, Nonethеlesѕ I am herе nоw anԁ ωould just
    like to say many thanks for а trеmendous pоst anԁ а all гounԁ interesting
    blοg (I аlѕo love the theme/deѕign), I don’t havе time
    to go through it all at the moment but I have bookmaгked it аnd also аddeԁ уour RSЅ feedѕ, ѕo
    when I hаѵe time I will be baсk to reаd
    more, Plеasе dο keep uρ thе fаntastic wοrk.
    Also see my web page: computer coupons australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouraging words : o )

      Delete